The members of Trinityís Altar Guild are called to serve, to serve with spiritual commitment, and to serve toward a spiritual goal, all this not for themselves, but for the glory of God and the building up of his people.
- To maintain the place of worship
- Set up for the times and seasons of the church year
- Make sure the paraments and linens are cleaned and stored appropriately
- Setting in order, cleaning and putting away the sacramental vessels and linens
- Ordering necessary supplies for Holy Communion and other services
- First and foremost, members are serving God in His house
- They are serving Godís people who gather around Word and Sacrament
- Members are devoted to their tasks, reliable in their service, reverent in their work and joyful for the privilege they have in serving their Lord
- To serve for the glory of Godís name and the building up of his people by assisting in the preparation of worship
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set up for Holy Communion as scheduled
- Clean up following Holy Communion
- Maintain the Candles, filling with oil as necessary
- Maintain the Elder and Acolyte Robes with periodic cleaning and replacing torn or stained Robes
- Twice annually clean the Altar, Chancel, Sanctuary and Transept
- Twice annually polish the Sacramental Vessels, Processional Cross, and Candelabra
- Clean and maintain the Paraments and Linens as needed
- Attend three Altar Guild Meetings a year and the two annual Housekeeping Days. The meetings are held in January, May and September; the cleaning days are scheduled on a the Saturday before Palm Sunday and the Saturday before Thanksgiving in November.
- Order supplies and other items as needed
- Additional responsibilities as necessary
For more information, contact Bobbi Kujawski 663-4643.